An Important Message from Kahala Mall
As we navigate these challenging times, our main priority is the safety and well-being of our community, guests and employees of Kahala Mall.
We continue to closely monitor the latest developments of the international outbreak of COVID -19 and recommended guidelines from the World Health Organization (WHO), the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the State of Hawaii Department of Health, to ensure the actions and standards we are enforcing are comprehensive and appropriate.
Increased cleaning. Kahala Mall has implemented the following enhanced protocols for a high standard of maintenance and sanitation and we continue to evaluate and revise such protocols as circumstances and recommended protocols dictate.
- Kahala Mall’s Maintenance team intensified the frequency and schedule of its rigorous cleaning program for sanitation and disinfection for all common areas, including restrooms, handrails, elevators and directories throughout the Mall.
- While nearly all entrance doors to the Mall are automatic, for any high-touch areas, we have increased the frequency of disinfection by our staff.
- Hand sanitizer stations are located at each entrance of the Mall.
Be safe. As a reminder, continue to practice preventative measures.
- Be responsible. Stay home when you are sick, avoid public areas. Seek medical attention.
- Refrain from close contact with people at this time, 6ft. recommended distance and no handshakes, hugs, etc.
- Avoid touching your face, eyes, nose, and mouth; wash your hands frequently for at least 20 seconds with soap and water.
Events. We are postponing our Mall programs and events until the end of April, and we will re-evaluate for a return of these programs in May. This includes Toddler Time, Luk Tung Kuen and all community events.
Please support local businesses. For your convenience, to help with meals during this difficult time, some of our eateries are currently offering carry-out, delivery and curbside pickup services. Some of these businesses are locally-owned and they need and appreciate your business. Our essential businesses such as Longs Drugs and Whole Foods Market are currently open to serve you.
We will provide updates with the latest information about Kahala Mall’s response to the rapidly evolving COVID-19 situation, on this site.
For the latest information, visit the following sources:
- State of Hawaii Department of Health (DOH) COVID – 19:https://health.hawaii.gov/news/covid-19-updates/
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC):https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html
- World Health Organization (WHO): https://www.who.int/
Take care of yourselves and your loved ones. Thank you for your support, we are grateful.
~ Kahala Mall