EXPLORE, PLAY, & LEARN TO BE STEWARDS OF THE OCEAN:
Enjoy fun, educational activities mall-wide with interactive booths from our partners! Pick up a Keiki Day Passport from Center Court. Visit (6) booths, get a stamp after you've completed their activity and when you've collected all (6) stamps, turn in your passport at the Kahala Mall booth in Center Court, receive an "I am a Steward of the Ocean" sticker badge, free "all good" brand sunscreen packet from Whole Foods Market, a free week of Core Power certificate, coupons from participating merchants and more! (While supplies last!) Plus, enter-to-win a one (1) night staycation at The Kahala Hotel & Resort with breakfast for two (2) at the Plumeria Beach House.
FREE SCREENING OF "STRAWS" at KAHALA THEATRES,
9:30 am - 10:00 am & 10:30am - 11:00am : Start your Keiki Day adventure by watching the award-winning documentary STRAWS that illuminates the problems related with straws and other single plastic pollution that inundate our waterways and oceans. Funny, entertaining, an inspiring story of how it's possible to make a sea of change, one straw at a time. Every person that watches this film will receive a FREE Whole Foods Market resuable tote (while supplies last!). Seating is limited, 200 per show, get there early!
The following organizations will have exciting, educational games & giveaways for the keiki!
- B.E.A.C.H. - learn about marine debris and alternatives to plastic!
- Dolphin Quest - learn about the dolphin and marine mammal specialists' research which contributes to the science of conservation
- DOT's Storm Water Management - play dress-up in ocean creature costumes and go fishing for prizes
- Hawaii Boating & Ocean Division
- Hawaii Marine Animal Response - learn about the marine mammal life
- Hawaiian Electric Company
- Ocean themed Glitter Tattoos & Balloon Twisting
- Hawaii Marine Mammal Alliance
- Kokua Hawaii Foundation - Educational Activities, pop-up store and fun photo booth
- Leahi Swim School
- Living Marine Art Center - hands-on, engaging educational activities, including gyotaku printing (bring your own plain t-shirts!)
- Malama Maunalua
- Malama Na Honu - create sea turtle puppets using recycled goods
- NOAA Marine Debris Program
- Rainbow Art School
- Sea Life Park - learn about their dolphin protection program
- Sustainable Coastlines Hawaii - learn to protect the ocean with fun activities and games
- and much more!
LIVE AT CENTER COURT
11:30 am: Kamakakehau Fernandez
1:15 pm: Roy Sakuma Ukulele School
All guest are welcome to enter-to-win an exclusive 90-min. "Kids Aquatic Dolphin Encounter Adventure" with Dolphin Quest! The recipient will enjoy a face-to-face dolphin encounter, a rendezvous with Hawaiian reef fish and other marine animals, and exciting activities and games. Enter-to-win box will be located in Center Court.
- 20 minutes with dolphins
- Shallow water interactive dolphin encounter
- Meet a variey of fish and other animals
- Variety of fun and educational out-of-water activities
Kahala Mall reserves the right to cancel this promotion at any time.